Need to insure an unoccupied home? You need to read this

Unoccupied home? No problem.

One of our many specialist home insurance products is our dedicated Unoccupied homes policy. It can cover both the buildings and contents and here are just some of the benefits:

  • 3 cover levels - Bronze, Silver and Gold - from basic to full perils
  • £0 excess (except for subsidence, landslip, heave if covered, which is £1,000 unless we have advised otherwise)
  • Flexible cover periods - 3 / 6 / 9 / 12 month policies
  • Flexible extension options - extend the policy if the home is unoccupied longer than expected
  • Pro-rata refunds given on all periods of cover (subject to no claims)
  • Wide underwriting footprint - including but not limited to homes which have been long term unoccupied, having building works, suffered subsidence, adverse claims, property development projects and non standard construction
  • No fixed maximum sums insured for both buildings and contents
  • Automatically included as standard - Accidents to Domestic Employees, Public Liability & Legal Expenses cover

Read more here >>

Quote & Buy

Provided the risk fits our online acceptance criteria, you can buy online without referral to our underwriting team. However, make sure you talk to us if you need assistance on the premium and terms, and of course we're here to help if the risk is non standard and requires some bespoke underwriting.

Get a quote now >> 

Get in touch

If you would like to discuss Unoccupied or any of our products in more detail please contact our specialist household underwriters using the details below.

We look forward to hearing from you.